HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THE EYEBROW IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE PROCEDURE? (VERY IMPORTANT)
The first few days after your feathering appointment are crucial to how well your brows will heal and look long-term. The healing process usually takes around 7-10 days, so please note that tattooed eyebrows after a week still need to be properly cared for and treated hygienically. Following these guidelines will help your brows to heal in a way that reduces loss of ink and maximises how long you can rock your beautiful new brows before needing a touch-up.
Below is a comprehensive list of instructions on eyebrow tattoo aftercare. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about your brows or want to enquire about any of our other services.
The day of the treatment – First 8hrs:
Gently blot the area every now and then with clean tissue to absorb any excess lymph fluid. (Lymph is a clear fluid-like substance that might slightly ooze from eyebrow area.)
Do this every 5 minutes for next couple of hrs till all signs of lymph have stopped. Removing this fluid will prevent any hardening/crusting of the lymph.
Days 1-7: aftercare
- from next day repeat these AM and PM
- wipe it with damp cotton make up ball gently,pat dry with tissue and you will gently apply thin layer of aftercare cream using Q-tip.
Allow your brows to air dry for at least 5 mins. Brows should be 100% Dry prior to this step. Never put Hustle Butter or any other aftercare ointment except what has been given to you by us on your tattooed brows.
Apply a very small amount of aftercare ointment with a cotton swab, and spread it across the treated area. Be sure not to over-apply as this will suffocate your skin and delay healing. The ointment should not leave a noticeable shine or film on the eyebrows. Apply only enough to moisturize!
- Use a fresh pillow case, and do not sleep on your face or eyebrows!
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally flake away. Picking can cause scarring and will cause loss of color. Your flakes will gently fall off by themselves when they are ready to!
- No facials, botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks after treatment.
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for at least one week. You can lightly exercise, but nothing that will cause overexertion or extreme sweating whatsoever.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning for a week after procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors. And once fully healed, be sure to protect your eyebrow with SPF. Any prolonged sun exposure will cause premature fading.
- Avoid taking long hot showers for the first 7 days. And when in the shower, avoid water completely on the eyebrow area.
- Avoid swimming, or any kind until your eyebrows have completely healed!
- Avoid applying any type of makeup to your brow area. Do not get any concealer, powder or anything on the area for at least 2 weeks.
- Keep your hands off of the area. No picking or scratching the treated area. (If you have any itching during healing, you may apply a small amount of Bactine.)
- DO NOT USE growth enhancement products such as Latisse, Revitabrow, Grande lash, one month prior and after treatment has fully healed as it may shift your color.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SHOWERING:
You will want to limit the time you spend in the shower. Avoid using very hot water and creating steam. This will create unwanted moisture on the face. You can even cover your forehead and eyebrow area with a shower cap as you wash your body.
Microblading/cosmetic tattoing is a semi-permanent make-up, a form of cosmetic tattooing where pigment is placed into the dermis. Retention of the pigment is out of our control, as it is determined by the client’s skin type, how well they follow the before procedure instructions and aftercare procedures, and client’s medical history.
Everyone’s skin is different so the results will vary from person to person. This means that the pigment may fade more or completely disappear. YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THIS IS A RISK YOU ARE TAKING; therefore, NO specific results can be 100% GUARANTEED.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHILE HEALING EYEBROWS?
Before the procedure, you should be aware that the thickness of the eyebrows immediately after the procedure will normally be 15% higher than before they heal and will be dark during the healing process. The color of the pigment will soften gradually by 30% to 40%. Once the healing takes place, the skin may start to look like dandruff or dry skin (important to remember not to pick, peel, or scratch it). The final result after the first procedure can be seen just after 3 weeks.